Up to Docentric version 3.3.7 you could use the Docentric Print Management Settings data entity to export Print management settings from one environment and import them to another, or to copy them between legal entities.
However, from the 3.3.7 Docentric version on, we added support for importing Print management settings, which are not the direct result of the exported settings, which means that you can change Print management settings in bulk. In other words, you can export Print management settings for selected customers/document types/legal entity to Excel, change the target print destinations and report formats, email recipients, subjects, bodies, output filenames, etc. and then import the changed settings back for the same or different customers/document types/legal entity.
In this video-articles series, we will cover the following scenarios:
- Copy Print management settings between customers
- Change the target print destination in Print management settings in bulk
- Change email settings in Print management setup in bulk
- Bulk switch from one SSRS report format to another in Print management setup
- Bulk switch from SSRS report design to Docentric default template in Print management setup
But first of all, we recommend to start with the explanatory video about Docentric Print Management Data Entity that enables all of the above scenarios:
See also: Print Management Improvements Overview >>