How to Set Up Reports
The goal of this tutorial is to explain how Docentric report setup works.
In order to use a Docentric SSRS or Basic report, you have to register it within the Docentric reports form. The prerequisites are to set up Docentric Server parameters, Reporting parameters and Document types for archiving reports.
Navigate to Company/System administration/Area page and under the Setup section you will see the Docentric AX menu. The Document management submenu refers to Docentric Document Libraries and the Reporting submenu refers to management of both Docentric SSRS and Basic reports.
Click the Reports menu item. The Docentric reports form is open.
Let’s have a look at the report setup form:
1: Maintain buttons
Add a new Docentric SSRS or Basic report, or validate or delete currently selected reports.
2: Filter buttons
Show only Docentric Basic or SSRS reports.
3: Import/Export functionality
Import or export currently selected reports metadata.
4: Bulk settings updates
Update settings of currently selected reports: template URL, report data source flags, etc.
5: SSRS report specific section
Activate or deactivate the report (5a), or start the wizard for a custom DSP (Data Source Provider) class creation (5b).
6: Report data source options
- The Generate data source option: Is the Generate DS print destination visible on the Print destinations form.
- The Include company logo option: Should be company logo included in the report data source.
- The Include hidden parameters option: Should be hidden parameters included in the report data source.
- The Include system fields option: Should be system fields included in the report data source.
- The Generate DS alongside report execution option: Should data source be generated each time when report is executed (to any of print destinations). If this fleg is set, the report DS will be generated using the settings specify in the form (open by clicking the Generate DS settings button) each time when report is executed to, e.g. Screen. Useful for Print Management reports or reports for printing labels.
7: Report custom labels
Add labels you want to use when design the report in addition to system labels of all data included in the report data source that are delivered out-of-the box.
8: Template storage
Choose the default template storage for the report. It can be either file system or SharePoint.
9: Manage the report templates
Add, delete, enable/disable, or design templates assigned to the report.
If you want to use an existing SSRS report with Docentric functionality, i.e. as Docentric report, click the New SRS report button on the main action pane, and locate the desired SSRS report, e.g. Purchase order.
After the report is added, the following validation error appears: 'The report has no template assigned'.
Assign a Docentric template and revalidate the report by clicking the Validate button from the main action pane.
This way we improved the design of an existing SSRS report (Purchase Order) without any coding.