How to Install Docentric AX Framework via Model
The goal of this tutorial is to guide you through the installation of Docentric AX Framework via model.
Docentric AX Framework consists mainly of completely new AX artifacts that are AX version independent, i.e. work for both AX 2012 R2 and R3 versions. These artifacts are included in the DocentricAX model bound to the ISV, VAR or CUS layer.
However some of the built-in artifacts are modified and included in Docentric AX Framework as well, in order to enable enhancement of SSRS reports and Document Template Libraries. Since they differ from version to version, they have to be AX version specific. To mitigate possible merging and conflict resolving of the modified built-in artifacts from Docentric AX Framework, they are delivered in the form of a project (Docentric_ChangedArtifacts) for the particular AX version. We are going to import this project via XPO file.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Import the DocentricAX model in the ISV, VAR or CUS layer from the downloaded DocentricAX_xx.zip package. The model is located here: “\DocentricAX\DocentricAX_NewArtifacts_AX2012_R2_R3_Models\DocentricAX_<layer>.axmodel”.
axutil import /file:"C:\Temp\DocentricAX_ISV.axmodel" /verbose
2. AOS restart.
3. Open AX client. The following message will appear: “The model store has been modified. Select the appropriate action:”. Select the Skip option.
4. Import the Docentric_ChangedArtifacts project from the SharedProject_Docentric_ChangedArtifacts_AX2012_Rx_CUx.xpo file from the downloaded DocentricAX_xx.zip package. See how >>
5. Locate and open the Docentric (shared) project. Compile it. Errors might appear.
6. AOS restart.
7. Open AX client and compile the Docentric (shared) project again. No errors should appear.
8. Synchronize tables.
Open the Docentric_NewArtifacts (shared) project. Synchronize all tables from this project.
Open the Docentric_ChangedArtifacts (shared) project. Synchronize all tables (there are two tables) from the project.
9. Check labels.
Labels are being automatically imported as a part of the model. Still, if you are using a different language than EN-US, e.g. NL (the Dutch language), you will have to rename the label file (AxDOCen-us.ald) from the downloaded DocentricAX_xx.zip package to AxDOCnl.ald and import it afterwards. This way the language of your enviroment will be simulated, and you can translate the labels later. Labels which are not translated to your language (e.g. Dutch) will appear in the English language. Instructions on how to do it you can find here.
10. Full compile.
Otherwise Print management reports will not work.
You can use AxBuild.exe for Parallel Compile on AOS to speed up the process.
11. Full CIL.
12. AOS restart.