Docentric Basic Reports
With Docentric AX we can improve design and output management of existing SSRS reports by reusing their RDP classes. But if we need to create a new report that doesn’t exist yet, then the most effective approach is to use Docentric Basic reports.
Basic reports represents a completely new lightweight reporting stack. With Basic reports you can:
- Prepare report data fast without temporary tables - you can simply traverse through the needed data in X++ and shape/nest/calculate them as needed using Docentric AX APIs.
- Update report without restart of AOS or any other service - if you add a report parameter, a field or a child table to your report data source, you will see your updates immediately.
- Have a rapid start - for each new report the wizard generates the report artifacts and your only task is to define the report parameters and provide report data in X++.
- Use improved print destinations - you can send a report to multiple print destinations, immediately open or attach the report output file, use placeholders in print destinations, etc.
- Design and also print reports as Word documents.
- Have lightweight report deployments - all you need to do is to x-copy report templates to their storage location (network share or SharePoint).
Learn in this section:
- How to Create a Simple Docentric Basic Report
- How to Create a Complex Report Dialog Form
- How to Run a Report in the Context of an Underlying Entity
- How to Use More Than One Template for a Report
- How to Dynamically Change Print Destination Settings
- How to Use Placeholders in Print Destination Settings
- How to Run a Docentric Basic Report from Code
- How to Run a Docentric Basic Report in Batch
- How to Suppress a Success Message after Report Execution
- How to Send a Docentric Basic Report to Multiple Print Destinations
- Docentric Basic Report Execution Hooks Overview