Why I can't merge cells within a list?

Hello guys,
Im trying to merge cells in a row within a list in vain. I tried various solution but I couldnt figure it out.

Any solution? You can find in attached my word docs

Thanks in advance

test.docx (156.9 KB)

Hi @Momo, welcome to the Docentric forum, and thank you for bringing up this issue here. :+1:

When table rows don’t have wrapping tagging elements (TE), merging cells works seamlessly, and this is what you expect.

However, you’ve observed that merging table cells might not always work as expected.

This happens due to certain technical constraints within Docentric Designer, especially when specific tagging elements (TE) are used in the template design.

We’ve already identified that a tagging element that wraps an entire table row, particularly a repeater element like a List, a Group, or an If tagging element, can occasionally prevent cell merging.

There’s a workaround available to address this and enable cell merging in your template. Here’s a brief overview of the steps you need to take:

1. Remove the If TE that surrounds the problematic cells.
  2. Add a new table row right below the original one.
  3. Merge the cells within this new row.
  4. Shift the Field TE from the old row to the new one.
  5. Place the If TE over the newly created table row.
  6. Delete the original table row.

To clarify this solution, I’ve also recorded a video demonstration.

As you can see, the cells in the table row (above, 1) are now merged. The same solution can also be applied to Table 2 below.

You can download the modified template: test_modified.docx (156.9 KB)

1 Like

@JernejV , thank you ! I got it ! hava a god day

Thank you for the feedback, @Momo, and let us know if there is anything else we can help with :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like