How to upload image to email body

Hi,

I’m trying to upload an image to the email body but I don’t see the upload button. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Docentric community! Let me share more details about the ways you can insert an image into the email body when using Docentric Email destination.

While editing the email body, you can click the Image icon in the toolbar. You will then be presented with the Image Properties window where you need to define the URL source path of the image you want to use. Image element inserts the HTML < img > element and that element only accepts absolute or relative URLs.

In order to use this approach, you need to have the image publicly available on the server .

You can also display an image in the email body by using Custom image placeholder. Here, you are accessing the image that is stored in your D365FO database. This approach though, needs to be done through code. You can find more information about it here: Email reports with images from database in the email body in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (docentric.com)

For any additional assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Semir