The new Docentric version 3.4.6 is out, with the cool new features you asked for!
PDF/A Compliance is the central feature of this release, and we are excited that we manage to support it for all reports regardless of whether they are generated with Docentric or SSRS Reporting Services. Yay!
Also, there are some exciting improvements on Docentric Free Edition features such as configuring Document type for archiving directly on the Print destination settings form and Instant attachment preview in the Attachments tabular view forms introduced by Docentric.
Let’s take a more detailed look at new features in 3.4.6.
Full Edition: PDF/A Compliance
- Generating PDF documents as PDF/A-compliant is supported by both Docentric and SSRS Reporting Services.
- Supported PDF/A standard versions: PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3.
- Supported PDF/A conformance levels: a, b and u.
- Supported use of custom fonts.
- Configure PDF/A conformance level directly on the Print destinations settings form, i.e. per report execution.
Free Edition Features
- When saving reports to Print archive, configure Document type for archiving per report execution, by selecting it directly on the Print destination settings
- Preview attachment content while browsing the attachments in Tabular view introduced by Docentric.
- Open the source record from Document history and Deleted attachments.
- Configure Environment names per environment, used for diagnostics and as report and email template placeholders.
- When emailing reports using Docentric, handle invalid email addresses from the To, CC and BCC fields programmatically and prevent email sending failure.
Read the complete release notes >>
Download Docentric 3.4.6 >>