How to Extend Data Sections of DDSP
Basically, in a DDSP there are three data sections:
- The Parameters data section – contains report parameters defined by SSRS report contract. Extend this section by overriding the addParameters() method of the report. See how to add a report dynamic parameter >>
- The MainData data section – contains report data exposed and filled by a RDP class or query. We can change this section (add additional data, remove or reshape data) by using a custom DSP class. Learn more >>
- The GeneralData data section – contains current company info, current worker info, etc. Extend this section by overriding one the following methods:
- addGeneralDataSectionBaseCompanyInfo() – to add additional data related to current company.
- addGeneralDataSectionBaseWorkerInfo() – to add additional data related to current worker.
- addGeneralDataSectionBaseMiscInfo() – to add additional miscellaneous data.
- addGeneralDataSectionBase() – to completely rewrite the whole GeneralData data section.
We explained how to extend the data sections of DDSP in more details in the corresponding how-to manual for the AX 2012 product version. See the manual >>