Maintenance and Support Policy
The following policy is applicable to customers installing Docentric’s product “Docentric AX”.
- Support and maintenance program overview. Standard maintenance and support for Docentric software is specifically licensed by Licensee and includes general support questions, basic installation questions, error correction and troubleshooting. The following are available to Docentric customers with paid, active standard support and maintenance contracts:
- Access to Docentric technical documentation http://ax.docentric.com/how-to-manuals.
- Reporting a new technical support case on Docentric’s web site http://ax.docentric.com/support.
- Contacting Docentric’s support technical team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting Docentric’s support technical team via phone, callback or live sessions (e.g. Skype), 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. CET, Monday to Friday.
- Docentric guaranties the response to a support case/issue within one business day.
- If the current release of the product fails to operate in accordance with the applicable documentation, Docentric shall take such measures as are reasonably necessary and practicable to determine and solve problems related to the function of the software program as designed, and to correct or eliminate any Docentric program errors or malfunctions. Corrective measures may include patches (code fixes) or workarounds (alternate operating techniques), which will, in Docentric’s sole discretion, bring the product into accordance with its documentation. Responses shall be on a first in, first served basis, and priority will be based on Docentric’s assessment of the severity of the problem. Problem escalation procedures will be in accordance with Docentric’s then current policies and procedures. Docentric does not guarantee service results or represent or warrant that all errors or program defects will be corrected.
- Software releases issued during the maintenance period.
Docentric may recommend that Licensee install the then-current version available to correct or mitigate problems which may exist. All such service work to complete the upgrade is available on a fee basis from Docentric’s professional services organization. Software maintenance and support of obsolete versions of the software may be made available at the discretion of Docentric. Any such agreement would be subject to a separate fee arrangement.
- The opportunity to contribute enhancement suggestions to Docentric’s product development efforts.
- Additional support services available. Standard Maintenance and Support Services do not include training, specific report analysis, design, customization or X++ development, on-site services, third party software support or Licensee working environment procedures (product training, testing, back-ups, hardware configuration etc.) or operation of related software, such as databases, networks, security or operating systems. Any problem that is submitted by the Licensee and that is not covered by Maintenance and Support Services will be subject to an additional charge. Licensee shall pay Docentric, at Docentric’s then-current hourly rates, for Docentric’s services in responding to a Licensee report of an error, malfunction, or defect, if: (a) such error, malfunction, or defect is not reproducible; (b) such error, malfunction or defect is caused, directly or indirectly, by the acts of any person intended to cause such error, malfunction or defect; (c) the product “Docentric AX” is used in connection with a hardware configuration and system environment which are not compatible with the configuration and environment recommended by Docentric for the Licensed Material; (d) Licensee has not installed all Releases from Docentric; (e) the error, malfunction or defect is caused, directly or indirectly, by third party software or hardware; (f) there have been modifications or changes to the Licensed Material by the Licensee or any person other than Docentric (g) Licensee does not assist Docentric as required, including without limitation providing Docentric trained staff; (h) the Software is not installed and operation in accordance with the then-current Documentation; or (i) the error, malfunction, or defect is not caused by the product “Docentric AX”.
- Docentric will only provide support to employees of Licensee who have been trained on Docentric software, i.e. which knows how to use the product “Docentric AX”. In the event that the employee assigned by Licensee as its Docentric resource is no longer employed by Licensee, it is the responsibility of Licensee to replace and train such resource at cost to Licensee. Docentric reserves the right to deny support to untrained employees of Licensee.
- Expired maintenance and support contracts. Licensees who have not paid Maintenance Fees for their then-current maintenance term are not eligible to receive Technical Support. A Licensee who has not paid maintenance and support fees for their then-current maintenance term must pay all outstanding Maintenance Fees before receiving assistance. Outstanding charges include past-due fees plus a current 12-month Maintenance Fee.
If the standard support and maintenance program does not meet licensee needs, enhanced programs are available for additional fees. If you would like to engage with Docentric for any enhanced service, support or training offerings, please contact Docentric via email email@example.com or phone +386 31 331 854 (Slovenia, EU).